Indulge yourself with this mouth-watering breakfast
Eggs - 4
White Wine Vinegar - 2 tbsp
English Breakfast Muffins - 2, sliced
Butter, for spreading
Streaky Bacon - 8 rashers
Chives, for garnish
For the hollandaise sauce
Lemon Juice - 2 tsp
White Wine Vinegar - 2 tsp
Egg Yolks - 3
Unsalted Butter - 125g diced
1) To make the hollandaise sauce, put the lemon juice and vinegar in a small bowl, add the egg yolks and whisk until light and frothy.
2) Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and whisk until the mixture thickens.
3) Gradually add the butter, whisking constantly until thick – if it looks like it might be splitting, then whisk off the heat for a few minutes.
4) Season and keep warm.
5) To poach the eggs, bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the vinegar. Lower the heat so that the water is simmering gently. Stir the water so you have a slight whirlpool, then slide in the eggs one by one.
6) Cook each for about 4 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon.
7) Meanwhile, fry the bacon in a pan until crisp, then drain on kitchen towel.
8) Toast and butter the breakfast muffins, then top each half with an egg, spoon over some hollandaise, add the bacon and decorate with chives if liked.