A vibrant and impressive dinner for 4
2 medium carrots cut into batons
1 medium cucumber cut into batons
1 red pepper cut into strips
2 medium egg or rice noodle nests
8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs cut into thin strips
2 garlic cloves crushed
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tsp sesame oil
6 spring onions finely sliced
Small bunch of coriander finely chopped (optional)
Small bunch of mint finely chopped (optional)
1 lime cut into 4 wedges
1 medium red chilli finely chopped (optional)
1) Cook the noodles as per packet instructions and set aside to cool, adding a little vegetable oil to stop them from sticking together.
2) Snip the chicken thighs into thin strips using kitchen scissors and fry in a hot pan with the crushed garlic and vegetable oil. When brown and cooked through, set aside to cool.
3) Combine the honey, rice vinegar and sesame oil at the bottom of a large salad bowl.
4) Add all the remaining ingredients, except for the lime wedges, setting aside a little of the chopped coriander and spring onion for garnish (optional). Stir well before adding the cooled noodles and chicken. Toss with the vegetables, herbs and dressing.
5) Serve with the saved garnish and lime wedges.