This slow-cooked onion soup for 4 brings out the sweetness of the vegetable.
Olive Oil - 3tbsp
Onions - 4 chopped
Vegetable stock - 1.2litres
Thyme - 2tsp chopped
Salt & Pepper
Parsley - 1tbsp chopped
Croutons - optional
1) Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan and cook 4 chopped onions over a medium heat until they are golden brown.
2) Add 1.2 litres of vegetable stock and 2 teaspoons of chopped thyme.
3) Boil for 2 minutes then simmer for 30 minutes with the lid on.
4) Season with salt and pepper.
5) Blend the soup in a food processor, reheat, then add 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley before serving.
6) You could also add some croutons for a nice crispy finish.