The perfect dessert for that special occasion. It produces a rich, chocolaty cheesecake ideal for all cheesecake and chocolate lovers alike!
150g (5 oz) digestive biscuits
45g (1 1/2 oz) butter
110g (4 oz) caster sugar, divided
120ml whipping cream
150g (5 oz) dark chocolate, melted and cooled
2 tablespoons cocoa powder mixed with a little hot water
1 (200g) tub cream cheese
Fruit to serve (optional)
1) Crush the digestive biscuits and mix with the melted butter and 1 tablespoon of the caster sugar. Press into a 18cm (7 in) cake tin and refrigerate.
2) Whip cream until soft peak stage. Add cooled melted chocolate, then the cocoa powder mix. Blend well and set aside.
3) Beat the cream cheese and remaining sugar together. Fold in cream/chocolate mixture and mix thoroughly.
4) Spread into tin on top of crushed biscuits. Freeze for one hour.
5) Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, then serve with fresh fruit.