A soup classic for 6 that’s as hearty as it is warming.
Olive Oil - 2tbsp
Celery - 2 sticks sliced
Onions - 2 chopped
Garlic - 2 cloves chopped
Leeks - 400g sliced
Chicken or Vegetable stock cubes - 2 in 1.8litres water
Potatoes - 400g cubed
Salt and Pepper
1) Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan and add 2 sticks of sliced celery, 2 chopped onions, 2 sliced cloves of garlic and 400g of sliced leeks.
2) Cook until softened (about 10 minutes).
3) Melt 2 chicken or vegetable stock cubes in a jug with 1.8 litres of boiling water, then add to the pan.
4) Add 400g of potatoes cut into small cubes and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on.
5) Add salt and pepper.
6) Blend it for a smoother texture.