These tasty fishcakes are easy to make. You could substitute the salmon for tinned pilchards.
Mashed Potato - 150g cooled
Can Pink Salmon - 170g drained
Dill - 1 tsp chopped
Lemon, 1/2 zest
Egg - 1 beaten with a splash of milk
Plain Flour - 2 tbsp
Fine Breadcrumbs - 50g
1) Preheat the oven to 190˚C/ fan 170˚C/ gas mark 5.
2) In a large mixing bowl, add the mash and soften with a wooden spoon. Add the pink salmon, dill and lemon zest. Season with a little salt and pepper and mix well.
3) Divide the mixture into four balls and shape into a fishcake. Leave to cool in the fridge for 15 minutes.
4) Meanwhile, place the egg, flour and breadcrumbs in three separate bowls.
5) Dust the fishcakes in flour until completely coated. Then dip into the egg and roll in breadcrumbs. Repeat with the remaining fishcakes.
6) Add 2 teaspoons of sunflower oil to a non-stick frying pan and gently cook the fishcakes until golden on both sides.
7) Place onto an oven tray and finish off in the oven for 10 minutes.
8) Serve with tartare sauce and peas – and chips, if you fancy a potato fest!