If you only make one thing this summer - make it our fresh strawberry trifle.
This show-stopping pudding takes a little time to make but it is pretty easy to do and it looks amazing, too. You want a big serving bowl – ideally a glass one, so you can see all the lovely layers or individual decorative glasses.
135g pack of strawberry jelly
1 swiss roll
500g strawberries or a mix of summer berries (such as raspberries, cherries, blackcurrants etc)
150g strawberry jam
400g tin of custard
180g tub of cream cheese
2 tablespoon caster sugar
400ml double cream
Fresh strawberries and crumbled chocolate for decoration
1) Dilute a 135g pack of strawberry jelly in boiling water, as per pack instructions. Cut a Swiss roll into 12 equal slices and lay them across the base of your bowl. Pour over the jelly and transfer to the fridge until set.
2) Mix together 500g strawberries or a mix of summer berries (such as raspberries, cherries, blackcurrents etc) with 150g strawberry jam and spread out on top of the jellied cake layer.
3) Add a 400g tin of custard to a separate bowl along with a 180g tub of cream cheese (eg Philadelphia) and 2 tbsp caster sugar. Beat until smooth, then add to the trifle bowl on top of the fruit layer.
4) Whip 400ml double cream until it holds so‑ peaks, then use to top the trifle.
5) Decorate with fresh berries and crumbled chocolate from a couple of Flake bars. Refrigerate until ready to serve.