This comfort food classic is a family favourite!
Butter – 50g
White bread – 6 slices
50g – sultanas and currants
Cinnamon – 2 teaspoons
Eggs – 3
Light muscovado sugar – 50g
Whole milk – 568ml
1) Preheat the oven to 160OC.
2) Lightly grease a rectangular ovenproof dish with some of the butter and then spread the remainder on the bread.
3) Cut the bread into triangles and arrange in the dish so that each one overlaps. Sprinkle over the sultanas, currants and cinnamon.
4) Beat the eggs, milk and sugar then pour over the bread and leave for 30 minutes.
5) Bake for 45 minutes or until the pudding is golden brown.