This colourful soup will brighten your day.
Butter - 50g
Onion - 1 chopped
Carrots - 500g sliced
Turnips - 2 diced
Water - 900ml
Vegetable stock - 600ml
Potatoes - 250g sliced
Caster Sugar - pinch
1) Melt 50g of butter in a large saucepan. Add 1 chopped onion and cook until softened (about 5 minutes).
2) Add 500g of sliced carrots and two diced turnips, and stir for 1 minute.
3) Add 900ml of water and 600ml of vegetable stock, then 250g of sliced potatoes and a pinch of caster sugar.
5) Bring to the boil, then simmer for 30 minutes.
6) Blend the soup in a food processor until smooth, pour into a clean saucepan and reheat.