This unusual combination of sweet and creamy flavours is a Christmas classic
Whole Milk - 500ml
Free Range Eggs - 2 large
Cinnamon stick - 1
Caster Sugar - 80g
Double Cream -100ml
Brandy - 100ml
Nutmeg to serve if desired
1) Whisk together the eggs and the caster sugar.
2) Meanwhile heat the milk with the cinnamon stick, do not boil. Remove from heat and leave to chill - then remove the cinnamon stick.
3) Once the milk is cooled, whisk it gradually into the sugar and egg mixture.
4) Return to the pan and heat gently, without boiling, until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
5) When the mixture has cooled, whip the cream to soft peaks and then fold in the mixture.
6) Pour into 4 glasses, grate over the nutmeg if desired.
7) You can serve immediately or chill in the fridge for up to 2hours.