Ensure perfect pancakes every time – with this quick and simple recipe.
100g plain flour
Pinch of salt
2 large eggs
1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil, plus a little extra for frying
Fruit, to serve (optional)
Caster sugar, to serve (optional)
1. Put 100g plain flour and pinch of salt into a large bowl.
2. Crack 2 large eggs into the centre. Pour in 50ml of the milk and 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil and gradually bring together. Add the remaining milk and whisk to a smooth batter.
3. Set aside for 30 mins to rest if you have time, or start cooking straight away.
4. Set a medium frying pan over a medium heat and carefully wipe it with some oiled kitchen paper.
5. When hot, ladle some batter into the pan, tilting the pan to move the mixture around for a thin and even layer. Cook the pancakes for 1 min on each side until golden, keeping them warm in a low oven as you go.
6. Serve with fresh fruit and caster sugar, or a filling of your choice.