A delicious ways to eat fresh seasonal ingredients this Spring. You can roast whatever vegetables you like, the ones listed here are just a suggestion.
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped or minced
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes, drained or halved cherry tomatoes
1 (200g) packet of feta or mozzarella cheese, cubed
1 (375g) package ready rolled puff pastry
1) Preheat oven to 200 degrees C / gas mark 6.
2) Lightly oil a shallow baking dish. Place onion, peppers, and garlic in prepared pan. Season with freshly ground pepper, and sprinkle a little olive oil over them. Roast in preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
3) When the vegetables are tender, remove from oven. Spread tomatoes evenly over the vegetables, and sprinkle with the cheese.
4) Roll out the puff pastry on a floured surface, and place over vegetables.
5) Bake for 20 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown. Remove from oven, place a tray over the dish, and then flip it upside down so that you have a puff pastry base with the vegetables on top. Serve immediately while the puff pastry is still crisp.